This crumble is quick to make and unbelievably good.
½ cup flour
½ cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter chilled and cut in cubes
In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt then with finger tips, rub in butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Chill crumble in fridge for 30 minutes.
Prepared pastry, unbaked
6 cups granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
¼ cup cornflour
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp butter melted
- Heat oven to 190 degrees C.
- According to the directions on the packet, line 22cm pie dish with prepared pasty.
- In a large bowl combine apples, blueberries, sugar, cornflour, lemon zest, lemon juice and butter. Toss gently to coat fruit.
- Pour fruit into the prepared pastry and evenly spread the crumble over the top. Bake in the lower third of oven for 50-55 minutes or until pie bubbles and the crumble is golden brown.
- Cool and serve with ice cream, custard or runny cream.