We are always looking for things that make cooking and entertaining quick and easy for the busy cook. If you’re looking for a delightful treat to serve up for desert Barkers Key Lime filling was surprisingly easy to use and resulted in something that tasted like it was made from scratch. We made single serving tartlets that were a huge hit! Barker’s have kindly shared their recipe with us.
100g melted butter
200g tea or malt biscuits, crushed into fine crumbs
Zest from 1 lime (or lemon)
Cream for serving (whipped)
Icing sugar for dusting
- Pre heat the oven to 180C fan bake.
- Pour the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and combine well.
- Press the mixture into the base and slightly up the sides of a 20cm spring form cake tin. Allow to cool completely.
- Pipe Barker’s Key Lime Tart Filling onto biscuit base and spread evenly. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until filling begins to bubble. (It is important that when you remove from oven the filling is bubbling, as this will ensure the pie filling sets when cooled).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Chill in refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours (or overnight if time allows). Garnish with lime or lemon zest. Serve with cream and a dusting of icing sugar.
Recipe reprinted with permission of Barker’s