A wedge of this is ideal for any picnic – just take a jar of relish to enjoy with this hearty family favourite.
250g savoury short pastry or flakey puff
1 large onion, chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1tsp garlic herb salt
500g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3 cm pieces, par-cooked
1. 1/2 cups bok Choy, sliced
1 cup broccoli, chopped, par-cooked
150g Puhoi blue distinction cheese, crumbled
1 cup cream
Freshly cracked pepper
1. Line a 28-30 cm flan tin with baking paper. Roll pastry out and place into flan tin allowing the sides to be a little bit higher than the edge of the flan tin.
2. Sauté onion, garlic, butter and garlic herb salt together in a saucepan for 5 mins on low heat. Set aside.
3. Place all the vegetables in the uncooked pie shell. Crumble the creamy blue cheese over the vegetables.
4. Beat the eggs and cream together, season and pour over the vegetables. Brush pastry edges with milk. Bake in a 180 degree C oven for 40-45 mins or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut and serve.