You have never had cup cakes like these before – they are the best. We decorated the cup cakes with passion fruit icing and topped each one with an edible flower. Made in 30 mins. Makes 14 cup cakes.
125 g soft butter
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs (no 6)
11/2 cups self-raising flour
½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 160degC fan bake.
- Take your softened butter (not melted), place into your cake mixer and beat till white in colour. Allow 5 mins.
- Then add sugar and continue to beat.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- Sift in flour and add milk and give the mix a good beat – quick, but sure (10 beats is ideal) – do not over mix.
- Place into cup cake cases and bake for approx. 25 mins or when spongy to touch and pale golden brown.
- Ice with passion fruit icing and split and fill with freshly whipped cream or leave as is.
Passion fruit Icing – beat together 2 cups icing sugar, 1Tbsp soft butter and 1 Tbsp cream cheese and thin to the right mixture with passion fruit syrup.