This is the simplest dish – essentially softly cooked tomatoes, cheese and toast – but add fresh herbs, cook it gently, sort out all your serving ramekins and search out great bread and you look like you should have your own café!
Takes 20 mins
36 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
150g Gruyere cheese, sliced
6 ciabatta rolls, cut in half and toasted or 12 slices of ciabatta loaf toasted
1. Melt butter in a saucepan, add tomatoes, thyme and season with fresh cracked pepper.
2. Cook on low heat for 3-5 mins, tomatoes should be still firm.
3. Place into 6 ramekins.
4. Place Gruyere slices into 6 side dishes.
5. Cut toasted ciabatta and divide into 6 for each serving.
6. Serve medley as individual servings and immediately serve while tomatoes are hot.