Tasty and a perfect slice to have with a cuppa. So quick!
Takes 15 mins + baking. Makes 16 slices
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 heaped cup sliced dates
1 cup sultanas
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup self raising flour
1. Spray with cooking oil a 20cm x 23cm x 5 cm baking dish. Preheat the oven to 160degC fan bake or 180 deg classic bake.
2. Melt the butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan. When cooled, break in an egg and mix well.
3. Stir in sugar, coconut, dates, sultanas, walnuts and flour in that order.
4. Place baking paper in prepared pan and place (mix is very dry) into the pan and pat down.
5. Cook for approx. 20 mins. Cut into slices while hot.
* If your pan is 20 x 20cm it will work as well – just adjust the cooking times as it will be a thicker slice but just as delicious.