This recipe is so simple but looks amazing and friends and family will think you have gone to so much trouble. This recipe uses 6 chicken boneless and skinless chicken thighs or you could use 2 large double, skinless, boneless breasts cut in half – this will feed 4-5 people.
6 chicken thighs (skinless and boneless)_
6 tsp favourite curry paste, chutney or pesto
12 fresh basil leaves
4 Tbsp sliced sun dried tomatoes
100g feta or goat’s cheese
12 rashers Kiwi Streaky bacon
1/4 cup white wine
½ cup chicken stock
1. Place chicken thigh on a flat surface over the top of the bacon and smear with curry paste or pesto.
2. Lay two basil leaves in the centre of the chicken. Top with sundried tomatoes (well drained) and place feta cheese in slices or crumble over the tomatoes.
3. Roll up each parcel and place snugly in a baking dish.
4. Drizzle over the wine and bake for 45 minutes at 150degC – let rest for a few minutes then slice and place on a plate with a drizzle of the cooking juices over the meat.
* Please note this cooking time is based on the chicken being covered with foil for 30 mins and then 15 mins without. If your oven runs “slow” you may need an additional 10 mins but do not increase the heat – these parcels are moist and tender with the lower heat.
**Cooking times will vary according to the thickness of the chicken.
***You know your chicken is ready when a skewer inserted into the breast produces juices that are clear.