Makes approximately fifty four 7cm cookies and takes 1 hour to make these delicious cookies…
2 large eggs
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
250g butter, cubed and softened slightly in the microwave
11/2 cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins
1/2 tsp salt
½ tsp nutmeg
¾ cup long thread coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 160degC fan bake and spray your baking trays with cooking spray.
2. Process the eggs and sugar until creamy in the food processor. Gradually add the butter a little at a time until all blended and pale.
3. In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Add the butter mix into the dry with a large spoon, making sure no pockets of dry mix are left.
4.Form into balls about the size of a big walnut (dampening your hands when it becomes too sticky) and press down with a fork to 3mm .
5. Bake 160degC fan bake for approximately 20 -25 minutes, changing trays half way through.
* Cook’s tip: They should be golden with a little darkening around the edges. Cool for a few minutes on trays before lifting onto racks. Do not leave them to cool completely on the tray as they are too hard to lift when cold.