Getting organized ahead makes this a great way to cook and serve this to guests.
2 tsp cornflour
1/3 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soya sauce
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
Pinch ground white pepper
2 tbsp peanut oil
1/3 cup whole almonds
2 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into small 5cm slices
1 carrot, sliced
100g sugar snaps
400g whole baby corn, drained
227g water chestnut slices, drained
1 cup broccolini, sliced
Steamed rice to serve
1. Put cornflour, chicken stock into a small bowl, mix together. Add sesame oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper, stir. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/2 tbsp peanut oil in a wok. Add almonds, stir fry for 2 mins. Drain on paper towel.
3. Heat 1 tbsp peanut oil in wok, add chicken and stir fry for 3-4 mins. Add spring onions. Stir for 1 min. Set aside.
4. Add remaining peanut oil to wok, place sugar snaps, baby corn, water chestnuts and broccolini into wok and stir-fry for 3-4 mins. Set aside.
5. Stir corn flour mix and pour into hot wok, stirring until mixture is thick. Return chicken, almonds and vegetables to wok, stir thoroughly. Serve with hot steamed rice.
Cook’s tip: if the wok is super hot the small chicken pieces cook very quickly – the key is to prepare all the component parts so the stir fry is seamless.