The great feature of this recipe is that vegetarians eating the sides can feel festive with a slice of two of this stuffing! What a great way to make 3 slices of your favourite Vogel’s toast bread go so much further. The Vogel’s gives this great texture and body
11/2 cups Vogel’s breadcrumbs (blitz 3 slices of Vogel’s toast in the food processor)
1 small onion or ½ medium onion, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup red apple, diced and with skin on
1 tsp celery salt
70g pecan nuts, chopped
1/2 cup craisins
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp orange zest
3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine everything together and mix well.
2. Place onto a olive oil sprayed sheet of tinfoil, press into a log shape, approx 21cm long, 5cm wide.
3. Fold tinfoil, chill for 1 hour or ideally over night.
4. Bake at 180 degrees for 45mins. After a few minutes cooling undo the foil (let it roll out onto the baking sheet and return to oven for colour for another 10-15 mins.
5. Leave to cool slightly before slicing and serving with ham, turkey or chicken.