These witch fingers are bound to be a hit at Halloween. We took a cheese straws recipe and turned them into this ghoulish treat.
115g butter, at room temperature
2 cups grated sharp Cheddar, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Blanched almonds, split lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a food processor, add the butter, cheese, flour, ½ teaspoon salt and cayenne and process until a smooth dough is formed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Evenly divide dough and form into fingers. Place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Take a sharp knife and score each of the fingers to create knuckles. Press an almond gently into the tip of each finger.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining ½ teaspoons. Allow to cool.